Letterkenny Chamber is officially authorised by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation and Chambers Ireland to issue and certify export documentation.
Certificates of Origin
Some countries request a Certificate of Origin with imports. This document proves the place of growth, production, or manufacture of goods.
The type of Certificate required varies according to the destination of the goods:
- Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin is issued for countries that are Member States of the Arab League
- European Union Certificate of Origin is used for the majority of other countries.
Before a company can apply for a Certificate of Origin certain information is required by the Chamber:
An Indemnity Form must be completed by the company before the Chamber can provide a certification service. The undertaking of indemnification is needed with respect to the information provided by the company to the Chamber.
- The company agrees to abide by standard rules and indemnifies the Chamber against inaccuracy of documents or misleading information.
- The applicant must be based in the 26 counties and be registered with the Companies Registration Office.
- The Indemnity Form is available from Letterkenny Chamber and is renewed annually.
- This also includes a list of authorised signatories for the company on the company’s headed paper, (with a sample of signature). The signatories will be authorised to sign applications for certificates on behalf of the company.
Certificates of Origin certified online
It is possible to have Certificates of Origin certified online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an Indemnity Form to register for this Service. Once you are registered to use the system you simply log in to www.esscert.com and enter all certificate details. Shortly after your online submission, we will apply our Chamber official stamp and signature digitally and then email you to confirm approval. You can then issue an EU Certificate of Origin right at your own printer (you will need to maintain a stock of blank certificates that are purchased in advance from Letterkenny Chamber).
Ordering Blank Certificates
This can be done by calling +353 (0) 74 9124866 or email email@example.com.
Payment is required in advance and once received the blank Certificates of Origin will be posted to you.
Exporting to Arab Destinations:
Where an exporter wishes to send goods to an Arab state it is necessary to use an Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin. These can also be completed online and following processing by Letterkenny Chamber, the Certificate should be sent to the Joint Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce, 63 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2 to be officially stamped and signed.
The following countries require Arab-Irish Certificates of Origin:
- Democratic & Popular Republic of Algeria
- State of Bahrain
- Republic of Iraq
- Republic of Djibouti
- Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- State of Kuwait
- Republic of Lebanon
- Socialist Peoples Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Kingdom of Morocco
- Sultanate of Oman
- State of Qatar
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Somali Democratic Republic
- Republic of Tunisia
- United Arab Emirates
- Republic of Yemen
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Republic of Sudan