Letterkenny Chamber joined Chambers from across the Country for Chambers Ireland Budget Day lobby event in Dublin. This annual event offers an excellent opportunity to talk directly with elected representatives before Budget 2024 and outline local and national priorities.
Before the event all Ministers, TDs and Senators were sent the Chambers Ireland Budget Submission.
In brief, the primary focus of Chambers Ireland’s Pre-Budget Submission is Housing & Infrastructure.
- Recommendations include numerous actions to support increased housing supply, including:
- Vacant property registration and activation
- Brownfield redevelopment
- Land value capture
- Adaptive reuse and repurposing
- Modern methods of construction
- Infrastructure and transport
We were joined on the day by Thomas Pringle TD, Joe Mc Hugh TD, Padraig MacLochlainn TD, Marian Harkin TD, Senator Niall Blaney.