Letterkenny Chamber in partnership with Donegal County Council and An Garda Siochana have applied to have the Community Based CCTV system extended in Letterkenny.
The current CCTV system has been in place since 2009 and has been hugely helpful in terms of policing and public safety.
The extension is a much needed upgrade and is recommended by the Gardai.
There are four new locations detailed below, with the points of view.
- Pole Star Roundabout covering the below roads
- N14 towards Dry Arch
- N14 towards Station Round about
- Neil T Blaney Road
- N56 Ramelton Road
- Larkins and Pearse Road
- R250 towards Station house roundabout
- R250 towards Old Dunnes Store
- Larkins lane
- Paddy Harte Road
- Hospital Roundabout
- Circular Road
- High Road
- Kilmacreannan Road & Park Entrance
- R229 past the Fire station
Lower Main Street and St Oliver Plunkett Road
- Lower main street towards Larkins Lane
- St Oliver Plunket Street towards Pearse Road
- Upper main street towards Market Square
Cameras will be PTZ ( Pan, Tilt, Zoom) type camera which will be controlled from the Letterkenny Garda station by Select Personal
Access to CCTV Data and storage locations.
- CCTV will be live viewed at Letterkenny Garda station by authorized personal.
- Limited CCTV playback will be limited to authorized personal.
- Data will be stored in an encrypted format, at the Public Services building located on Neil T Blaney Street in a secure location.
- CCTV data retrieval, will be by written request to the Donegal County Council
If you have any feedback please email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org